Easy to make Keto Alfredo Sauce that’s ready in 10 minutes. You’re going to love this low carb recipe to serve over zoodles! Made with heavy cream, broth, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
Alfredo sauce over pasta is one of my favorite simple dinner meals. But if you’re following a keto, low carb diet you might be missing your beloved alfredo sauce. Don’t worry, I came up with a easy recipe that tastes just like store bought alfredo sauce, but instead it’s homemade and completely keto cooking friendly!
This creamy alfredo sauce recipe is made with heavy cream, broth, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese! You can serve it over zoodles, spaghetti squash, or along with chicken or shrimp. It’s a must save recipe that I make almost weekly! Even my 2 year old loves this over zoodles so you know it’s going to be good if those picky taste buds like it!
Keto Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
It’s easy to make a keto friendly alfredo sauce. You most likely already have all the ingredients in your kitchen.
- minced garlic
- heavy cream
- chicken broth (can use vegetable broth)
- cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
The most important ingredients in a good alfredo sauce is Parmesan cheese and garlic – don’t skip these! I’ve seen some alfredo sauce recipes online that don’t use these ingredients – that’s just crazy!
How to Make Alfredo Sauce
Homemade alfredo sauce is easy to make and only takes 10 minutes. Once you make it yourself you’ll never buy it from the store again. I promise.
In a medium sized saucepan over medium high heat melt butter with minced garlic. Once the butter is melted add in heavy cream, chicken broth, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. You can use boxed chicken broth or make your own with water and bouillon powder. You can also use vegetable broth if you’re making a vegetarian recipe.
Now the most important step when making alfredo sauce. Mix. Mix. Keep mixing!
You’ll want to keep stirring until the alfredo sauce starts to thicken. This takes a few minutes. Once thick and creamy, add salt and pepper to taste. Now my favorite part, time to serve and eat!
Keto Meals with Alfredo Sauce
- My favorite way to eat this alfredo sauce is over zoodles. I like to cook my zoodles on the stove in a little olive oil until the zoodles slightly brown. By the way I absolutely love my AmazonBasics skillet, I use it for EVERYTHING on the stove.
- You can serve this with spaghetti squash, like you would with a pasta, or you can make a creamy spaghetti squash casserole with this alfredo sauce.
- Add baked chicken or roasted shrimp to the meals above to make a more complete meal.
- Craving pasta still and don’t want zoodles? These are my favorite keto friendly noodles. They are seriously SO GOOD!
Can you freeze alfredo sauce?
Yes, you can absolutely freeze alfredo sauce. I like to use these silicone freezer bags as they’re reusable, but you can also use regular freezer bags. When ready to use defrost overnight or throw in the microwave.
I hope you love this Keto Alfredo Sauce as much as I do!
Need more Keto recipes?
Pin for later:
Keto Alfredo SaucePrint
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan over medium high heat melt butter with garlic. Once butter is melted add heavy cream, chicken broth, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese and stir until it's all combined. This usually takes a few minutes for the cream cheese to soften, and for the sauce to thicken up. Add salt and pepper to taste and continue stirring until smooth.
- For a keto friendly meal serve over zoodles or spaghetti squash, or serve along with chicken or shrimp.