These Sweet Hawaiian Rolls made in the bread machine are super easy to make! They taste just like King’s Sweet Hawaiian Rolls! Pair this sweet bread with butter or turn them into sliders or cinnamon rolls!
Homemade Sweet Hawaiian Rolls
Love King’s Sweet Hawaiian Rolls that you buy in the grocery store? Well now you can make them at home!! They taste so much like them that you might find yourself making a batch every week!
They are incredibly soft and fluffy inside – with a slight crisp top that you get by baking them in the oven.
We prefer having them with a dab of butter as dinner rolls, but you can also use them as sandwich sliders or even cinnamon rolls. However you have them, you’re going to love them!
Tips for Making Sweet Dinner Rolls
- Use store bought pineapple juice, not freshly squeezed pineapple juice.
- For this recipe specifically, melt butter before adding it to the bread machine.
- Always place the ingredients in the order that your bread machine instructs. In the recipe card I place them in our order which is the most popular order, but always double check!
How to Make Bread Machine Sweet Hawaiian Rolls
Place all the ingredients in the bread machine pan.
Tip: If you buy a 20 ounce can of pineapple chunks in juice, it’s the exact amount of juice you need for these rolls, plus you get the bonus of eating the pineapple chunks for a snack – win win!
Set the bread machine to ‘dough cycle’ and press ‘start’.
When done, remove the dough from the bread machine and place it on a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into equal sized round balls. As you can see, my dough balls aren’t perfect, but that’s ok because once they rise you aren’t going to see their imperfections.
Place each dough ball side by side in a baking dish. Cover and let the dough rise for an hour.
It’s always a bit magical when you see the before and after of dough rising, isn’t it? Here’s the rolls after 1 hour of rising.
Bake until the rolls are golden brown.
Remove from the oven and cool before serving. Enjoy!
Want to Turn This Into Hawaiian Bread?
Simply add the ingredients into the bread pan as instructed and cook on the WHITE BREAD machine setting. It’s as easy as that!
Store leftover rolls in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap at room temperature.
For extended storage place in freezer bags and freeze. When ready to serve defrost in the microwave.
Pin for later:
Bread Machine Sweet Hawaiian RollsPrint
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice store bought, not freshly squeezed
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dry milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- Add all of the ingredients into the bread machine baking pan in the order listed in ingredients.
- Set on DOUGH cycle and press START.
- When dough is finished, remove from pan and place on floured surface, deflating it with your hands. Divide the dough into 12 round balls.
- Spray a 11×8 pan with nonstick spray and place the dough balls into the pan, directly next to each other. Cover with a towel and let rise for 60 minutes. During this time they should almost double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.