Slow Cooker Tomato Cheese Dip is a creamy easy to make dip that uses fresh tomatoes, peppers and Velveeta cheese! This simple homemade recipe is ready in 2 hours in the slow cooker and perfect to serve with tortilla chips for your next party! We especially love this dip for Mexican meals! This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
We just planted our tomato plants last weekend and already I’m dreaming up tomato recipes to make in a few months. Remember I said we were going to plant less tomatoes to make the garden easier on us this year (hi baby! arriving soon!)? Well we didn’t. We’re going to have a whole lot of tomato plants, so I got to thinking about my Creamy Cherry Tomato Sauce and how I could use that method to create a slow cooker tomato recipe. For this delicious dip recipe, we’re throwing fresh tomatoes, sweet peppers, salt and pepper in the slow cooker and then adding in cheddar cheese to make it extra creamy. This is the perfect summer dip recipe because it’s easy to make, uses fresh vegetables and tastes delicious dipping tortilla chips into!
What I really love about this recipe is that it tastes so fresh because you’re using real fresh ingredients. Summer time is the perfect time to pick garden ripe tomatoes, the sweetest peppers and a few jalapeno peppers to slice and garnish on top. Besides the cheese, I can grab all these ingredients straight from the garden and throw them right into the slow cooker!
Do you know about Mission Organics® Tortilla Chips? Their White Corn tortilla chips are my favorite, especially to serve with this creamy, freshly made dip! I love their tortilla chips because they are USDA organic certified and Non-GMO project verified. They just released Yellow Corn and Multigrain varieties which are excellent choices too. I bought my tortilla chips at Fulton Market but head on over to their website to find their store locator and for more great recipes!
In just 2.5 hours, you’ll have a creamy cheesy tomato dip that everyone is going to love! Grab a bag of Mission Organics White Corn Tortilla Chips and dive in!
- 2 pounds fresh vine tomatoes
- 3 small sweet peppers (approx 3 oz)
- salt + pepper
- 8 oz Velveeta cheese or block Cheddar cheese
- Mission Organics® Tortilla Chips
- jalapeno pepper to garnish (optional)
- Chop up tomatoes and sweet peppers and add to slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt + pepper to flavor. Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours. Carefully remove tomatoes and peppers to small pot and use an emulsion blender to make it creamy. Careful, the tomatoes are very hot! Alternatively if you don't have an emulsion blender, you can use a regular blender or food processor. Put back in slow cooker.
- Add chopped cheese to slow cooker and cook on high for 1 more hour.
- Pour into bowl and garnish top with slices of jalapeno peppers. Serve with tortilla chips.