These Homemade Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are about to become your new favorite breakfast, snack and dessert! This is a healthy copycat recipe for Quaker Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Granola Bars. Are there any words more beautiful?
After I made the first batch of chocolate chip granola bars, my mind started to wonder to the wonderful world of peanut butter. Soon later it floated to the island of pretzels. There peanut butter pretzel chocolate chip granola bars was born.
About these delightful bars:
Do you enjoy chocolate + salty at the same? I do! These are for you.
Do you like a bit of crunch in your granola bars? I do! These are for you.
These are dangerous to have around your house. Proceed with caution.
I don’t listen to my own advise and made multiple batches. We annihilated these batches.
I have given these to friends as a “hey you are pretty cool” gift. Friends swoon.
After the first time I made them I declared “These might be the best thing I ever made”.
So now I present you.. the future love of your life that will always be there for you, Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Granola Bars.
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 cup chopped pretzels
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Spray a 8x8 pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Mix your oats and cereal together in a large bowl.
- Chop your pretzels up and mix with oats and cereal.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, honey and peanut butter on medium high heat until melted. Once it begins to bubble change heat to low and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from burner and stir in your vanilla.
- Pour your hot mixture over your oats mixture. Stir well. You want to make sure every single piece of oats and cereal is coated.
- Pour your mixture into your greased pan and push down with spatula to flatten it.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top evenly. Use your spatula to press them down so they are embedded in the bars.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator to set for 1 hour.
- Cut into granola bar sizes.
- If you would like to make a larger batch, use a 9x13 pan and double everything, except use 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Store these in the fridge.
Here’s all the ingredients you need! Note: When I use peanut butter in recipes like this I usually get the cheap stuff and don’t use my gourmet peanut butter cinnamon swirl magic that I usually eat on bread. The cheap stuff does the job for these, very well!
Add your pretzels with your quick oats and cereal.
Now mix, mix, mix, mix. Nope, still not done, mix it more. Make sure every single piece of oat, cereal and pretzel is sticky. This is going to hold everything together. Think of it as a glue that you can eat.
Now you throw them in the fridge for 1 hour while walking around anxiously whispering “hurry up, hurry up, hurry up”. You can even lay in the middle of the floor and whisper this.
Give these granola bars a chance, I think you will love them.