EASY to make dried edamame recipe using soybeans! This healthy edamame is slow roasted and salted! If you’re growing soybeans this year you need to make this snack!
I love soybeans so I love dried edamame!
I think I start every post with “I love (insert something”).
I love cheese. I love cats. I love donuts. I love snowmen. I love pumpkins. I love you.
But soybeans, yeah, I love them guys. We had a great soybean year and it’s still going on with more plants to pick. The last few days have been chilly and windy but the garden calls, so I throw on a hat and a dramatic attitude (“I’m so cold! I’m not going to survive!”) and get picking soybeans.
Look at this beautiful soybean plant!
So with so many soybeans – what’s a girl to do? Snack on them of course! I know, dried snacks aren’t usually the first thing you think of when you think soybeans. You might think of fresh edamame which is absolutely delicious, but I wanted something to crunch, something with a little salt on it. So say hello to my dried edamame recipe!
Dried Edamame is a healthy snack!
I’m not a big potato chip fan (*gasp*) so Salted Dried Soybeans take the place of a movie snack, a afternoon snack, a throw in my bag and eat while waiting for the subway snack. I just can’t get enough of them!
If you like this dried edamame recipe, I would definitely recommend making in big batches if possible. This will save you time in drying, plus it will leave you with more soybeans to eat!
Hours later you have delicious dried edamame!
Store in a jar, for this I love saving almond or peanut jars and reusing them. Good luck not eating them all at once!
Pin for later:
- 2 cups shelled edamame soybeans - thawed or fresh
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Coat a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Put the soybeans on the baking sheet, mixing them in the olive oil until they're all coated.
- Sprinkle mustard powder, sugar and sea salt on top, mix again.
- Bake for 6 hours and 30 minutes, opening the oven every 30 minutes to stir.
- When done, put dried soybeans in bowl and sprinkle sea salt on top to taste.
- Store in jar, enjoy!