Perfect Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookies with slightly crisp edges, chewy middles, and the best flavor! With my easy recipe you only need to chill the dough for 30 minutes! Try this wildly-popular chocolate chip cookie recipe for yourself. These are the best chocolate chip cookies ever!
Everyone needs a perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe in their back pocket, and this is definitely mine. These are seriously the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever! I have made these many times and everyone who tries them agrees that they’re irresistibly delicious! So, stop your perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe searching. The answer is here. Take my hand – I’m taking you to the Chocolate Chip Cookie mothership.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
A few years ago there was quite a buzz on a popular recipe that the New York Times featured, it was a close adaptation to the Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip cookies. If you’ve ever had a Jacques Torres cookie then you can agree, they are some darn good cookies. Turn the clock ahead years later and I finally got around to making this cherished recipe that had people raving and gawking.
Ingredients In Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookies
- All purpose flour
- Bread flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
- Sea salt for sprinkling on top of the cookies
When I got all the ingredients ready, I realized two things. First off, I did not have the type of chocolate Mr. Torres recommends for his cookies and I had no plans to go out and spend $12 to get said chocolate. Second, his recipe called for refrigerating the dough for 36 hours. Wait, what? This girl wants cookies now. Thirty-six hours of waiting? Are you crazy?
In thirty-six hours the world could be over and here I will be, laying on the zombie apocalypse covered sidewalk crying out, “But… my… cookies… are… still… in the… refrigerator”. No way. There’s just no way I’m waiting thirty-six hours for my dough to chill. I’ll give them 30 minutes to chill, that’s all the willpower I have.
My Recipe For Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make these cookies my own and way easier, I took the original Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip cookie recipe and tweaked it by using a more budget friendly chocolate (chocolate chips), I changed the serving size, the amount of ingredients needed and the size of the cookies. I also shortened the chill time for the dough. And even with all of these changes, I have to declare these cookies, The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER. I’m totally being serious.
Not only are they quite possibly the prettiest chocolate chip cookies I have ever baked, but they also taste SO amazing. They are everything a chocolate chip cookie should be – they have the perfect texture, and they are sweet with a little salty on top. They’re magic.
How To Make This Easier Version Of Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Start this cookie recipe like most and mix the flours (all purpose and bread), baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Then, use a hand mixer to cream the butter and sugars together until they are light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix together. Stir in the vanilla.
- Now add the dry ingredients in with the butter mixture and continue to mix until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Next, add the chocolate chips into the batter and stir by hand, with a spoon, to equally distribute the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Transfer the bowl of dough to the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes. That’s right… just 30 minutes!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Drop tablespoons of dough on a cookie sheet or silicone baking mats. I can usually fit 12 cookies per sheet. You might want to add a few more chocolate chips to the top of each cookie, to make for a prettier cookie. Sprinkle each cookie lightly with sea salt and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy these cookies fresh from the oven! I love them warm!
Come to Mama you beautiful chocolate chip cookies.
More Cookie Recipes You’ll Love:
Did you make and love this recipe? Give it your review below! 👇 And make sure to share your creations by tagging me or using the hashtag #brooklynfarmgirl on Instagram!
Pin for later:
Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip CookiesPrint
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- Sea salt to sprinkle on top
- Mix flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer cream butter and sugars together until light. Add egg and mix together. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients in and continue to mix until all is combined.
- Add chocolate chips into batter and stir with spoon to equally distribute.
- Put dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop tablespoons of dough on ungreased cookie sheet. I can usually fit 12 cookies per sheet. Arrange chocolate chips to "poke up" on the cookies at this time to make for a more pretty cookie.
- Sprinkle each cookie lightly with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Eat warm, enjoy!