I know it’s only early November but I’m already in the holiday spirit. The Halloween directions are still up but they will soon be replaced with snowmen and penguins. The aisles of the stores are slowly starting to fill up with colorful holiday lights and ornaments. Soon we’ll be smelling fresh pine (after we begrudgingly carry the tree home), the cats stockings will be hung and I will start to hum Christmas songs while baking cookies. I love this time of the year, don’t you?
What’s another reason why I love this time of the year? Seasonal products are out and recipes are ready to be made. One of my favorites is here folks. Let’s just take a minute and look at this beauty.
Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.
Coffee-mate’s Peppermint Mocha Creamer is here and I yell in happiness! When I saw it in the grocery store I screamed in excitement and told Matthew quickly, and then I continued talking to him crazily to only turn around and realize I was talking to a much older gentleman who was confused. I apologized quickly, found Matthew and glared at him, and then continued to discuss this Peppermint Mocha and all the ways I planned on using it.
This season Coffee-mate has 3 seasonal flavors and I say we buy them all and have one heck of a party! The seasonal flavors are only available through December so get them and stock up!
Seasonal flavors include:
- Dark Chocolate Fudge – Rich, dark and indulgent like only chocolate fudge can be. Enjoy a cup of coffee that’s every chocolate lover’s dream come true.
- Peppermint Mocha — Enjoy one of the season’s most popular flavors! Let the comfort of crisp peppermint and chocolatey mocha warm you up this holiday season.
- Eggnog Latte — What would the holidays be without the flavor of Eggnog? Invite over some guests and prepare a holiday flavored latte for everyone on your list.
Coffee-mate’s smooth, creamy taste has been perfected to not only complement coffee, but to bring out the best in it. And it doesn’t stop at coffee, let your mind wonder! We’re talking bundt cakes, hot chocolate (hello there), lattes and so much more!
What’s one of my favorite Winter time drinks? Hot chocolate of course! I can drink hot chocolate all day long to be honest, but that would leave me napping all day, so I like to save it for when we come in after a cold day or for dessert. As soon as I brought home the Peppermint Mocha I gathered the supplies and hot chocolate was made! We clinked glasses, sipped our hot chocolates and stared at each other nodding. You know the nod, it’s one of those “Oh yeah, this is good. Oh yeah, let’s just cherish this moment.”.
Let’s all say a sweet hello to Creamy Peppermint Hot Chocolate. Hello beautiful.
I worked hard to get those candy canes by the way. I was the official first person to buy them at my local grocery. I saw the box sitting in the aisle unopened and I tore it open like a mad woman to get the first pack of candy canes out! Then I raised them in the air and told Matthew to cheer with me but he wouldn’t.
- 1/4 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Coffee-mate Peppermint Mocha
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Hot Water
- Candy Canes (optional)
- Mini Marshmallows (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium heat combined condensed milk, Coffee-mate Peppermint Mocha, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt. Mix until well combined and heated.
- Add hot water, continue stirring until mixed thoroughly. Do not let it boil.
- Add mini marshmallows on top and a candy cane on the glass edge.
- Servings: 2
I was selected for this opportunity by Clever Girls Collective, however all content and opinions expressed here are my own.