EASY Ricotta and Tomato Tea Sandwiches made with tomatoes and an easy homemade ricotta garlic mixture that tastes amazing! Use cookie cutters to cut out hearts in your bread – perfect for an afternoon tea party, baby shower or for Valentine’s Day.
There’s something about an afternoon get together with mini sandwiches that makes me happy. Can you imagine a brunch with friends and there’s heart shaped delicious sandwiches waiting for you on the table? Doesn’t that scream love and yum at the same time? In this super easy to put together recipe we’re going to make Ricotta and Tomato Tea Sandwiches that you can whip up in just a few minutes.
You only need a few ingredients for this recipe: bread, ricotta/garlic/basil mixture, diced tomatoes, and more basil. You’ll also need some adorable cookie cutters where you can be creative. I used hearts here because I love you guys, but stars and festive shapes like pumpkins for Thanksgiving would be super cute too. Also, cat cookie cutters are always a good idea. Anything cat is always a good idea. Trust me.
What Type Of Bread To Use For Tea Sandwiches?
You can use any type of bread when making tea sandwiches. I used whole wheat bread because that’s the one I always have in my refrigerator. Grab 16 pieces of bread, if you’re making 8 sandwiches, and start cutting your shapes out.
How To Make Ricotta and Tomato Tea Sandwiches
Time to put everything together for these tea sandwiches. Start with preparing all of the necessary ingredients.
- Add diced tomatoes to a small bowl, add olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix and then cover in the refrigerator, letting it chill for at least 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl add ricotta, basil leaves and garlic. Mix so basil and garlic are completely mixed up with the ricotta.
- Grab a slice of bread, then spread the ricotta/garlic/basil mixture (smells so good!), spoon on some diced tomatoes, top with a nice fresh piece of basil, and then add one more slice of bread on top.
- Serve and enjoy! Or you can even make these the day before and chill them in the fridge until the next day.
There you have it! How easy was that?!
The star of these sandwiches are both the ricotta mixture, which I can eat with a spoon, and the tangy tomatoes. And they combine together for the most delicious flavor!
If you adore this ricotta mixture as much as I do, you’ll want to try it on almost everything! Here’s a few other favorite uses:
- Enjoy it on a wrap with veggies, deli meat or grilled chicken.
- Put it on an egg sandwich.
- Toss with roasted veggies.
- Put it on toast and add a fried egg on top.
Now it’s time for an afternoon sandwich party, don’t you think? Brew some tea, gather your friends, bring the gossip, throw a cat on your lap and enjoy!
If you want to make your party less stressful, you can easily make these sandwiches the night before. Just keep them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve!
Pin for later:
Ricotta and Tomato Tea SandwichesPrint
- 2 large tomatoes diced (or you can use one 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and peper just a sprinkle
- 8 oz container ricotta
- 5 fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 16 pieces of whole wheat bread
- Add diced tomatoes to a small bowl, along with olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix and then cover with plastic wrap or a lid. Place the bowl in the refrigerator, letting it chill for at least 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl add ricotta, basil leaves and garlic. Mix so basil and garlic are completely mixed with the ricotta.
- Cut your bread into shapes with a heart cookie cutter (or other shape of your choice).
- Spread some ricotta mixture on a slice of bread. Add a small spoonful of the diced tomatoes mixture. Add additional basil leaves on top if desired. Finish with top piece of bread.
- Eat and enjoy! Or keep chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve.