GLUTEN-FREE White Chocolate Pistachio
Gluten Free Christmas Cookies
Pistachio cookies are one of my favorites, but they’re even more irresistible when you add in cardamom, cinnamon, and allspice to give more of a holiday taste (and smell!) to them. These cookies are not overly nutty tasting, but just perfect so everyone loves them.
Also, let’s talk about that these cookies are gluten-free. I’ve been wanting to add more gluten-free recipes to Brooklyn Farm Girl since I’ve gotten more requests for special dietary recipes. What’s a better gluten-free recipe than delicious cookies? I will be collaborating on some upcoming gluten-free recipes with my friend AK, who herself is gluten-free, so I can confirm these are all made with love!
These cookies are so good that even my husband who isn’t gluten-free couldn’t get enough! In fact when I ate the last cookie and he didn’t know, he had such a sad look on his face when he went into the cookie jar to find it empty! Seriously, everyone will love them!
Gluten Free Cookie Recipe
These yummy cookies are made with both almond flour and teff flour. Teff flour is a light, 100% whole grain flour that is often used in Ethiopian cuisines. Because of it’s lightness, it’s the perfect flour to use for baking cookies! I recommend using teff flour for these cookies, along with almond flour, as the shape holds up much better than just using all almond flour.
You can see below how well the cookies are shaped before baking – you wouldn’t even be able to tell they weren’t made with all-purpose flour!
Best Gluten Free Cookies
Bake the cookies for 14-16 minutes, allow them to cool and then start melting your chocolate chips! I prefer using white chocolate chips because they look more festive with bright green (or red) sprinkles, but you could also use regular semi-sweet chocolate chips if you’d like!
Hope you enjoy these GLUTEN-FREE White Chocolate Dipped Pistachio
Pin for later:
White Chocolate Dipped Pistachio Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup teff flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup butter slightly chilled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup roasted pistachios chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- green or red sugar sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick spray or line with silicone baking mats.
- In a food processor combine almond flour, teff flour, cardamom, cinnamon, allspice and salt. Pulse a few times. Add both sugars, and butter and continue to pulse until combined. Add egg and pulse until dough just barely starts to form into a ball, don't overmix. Fold in chopped pistachios. The dough will be slightly crumbly but should hold together. If it is too crumbly I will add a additional egg and mix again.
- Place the dough onto a sheet of parchment paper. Cover with another piece of parchment paper and roll out with rolling pin until 1/2 inch thick. Cut into small rectangles, or desired shapes. Place on cookie sheets. Keep repeating until all dough is gone.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate chips in microwave, for about 30 seconds-1 minute. Stir so chocolate is completely melted. Dip one side of each cookie in chocolate and then sprinkle festive sugar sprinkles on top. Place on cooling rack so any extra chocolate will drip off.
- Place in refrigerator to set the chocolate for about 30 minutes. Store in airtight container.