Easy to make homemade chocolate chip granola bars! They taste just like Quaker Granola bars but are made with simple, healthy ingredients!
We love Quaker Granola bars in this house! Our favorite are the chocolate chip bars, which are great for a quick snack. I can’t tell you the amount of boxes that we have bought in the past years. One thing though I’ve never liked, the price. A box of granola bars usually ranges in the $4-$5 range which is pretty expensive considering it’s made with pretty basic ingredients. So before I would go to the store and buy more, I decided to try to make my own. I’m so glad I did because not only are they (much) cheaper, but I find them more filling. Plus it’s a great feeling knowing every single ingredient (and being able to pronounce them) that’s going into them.
These are easy and quick to make! The part that takes the most time is letting them set. If you’re a fan of these, I recommend making a few batches at once to save on the dirty dishes. Bonus: You can also freeze granola bars!
Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Spray a 8x8 pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Mix your oats and cereal together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar and honey on medium high heat until melted. Once it begins to bubble change heat to low and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from burner and stir in your vanilla.
- Pour your hot mixture over your oats mixture. Stir well. You want to make sure every single piece of oats and cereal is coated.
- Pour your mixture into your greased pan and push down with spatula to flatten it.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top evenly. Use your spatula to press them down so they are embedded in the bars.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator to set for 1 hour.
- Take out and cut into bar sizes.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator to keep them fresh.
Take it off burner and add vanilla. Note to self: buy more vanilla extract, I’m always running out.
Then take your spatula or a back of a spoon and press the chocolate chips down into the mixture. This will make sure they don’t fall off.
I cut it up into 10 delicious bars.
Make sure you grab one…