Easy to make Asian marinated cucumbers! This healthy recipe is cooked in 10 minutes. My family loves it served over rice or with chicken.
Asian Marinated Cucumbers
If I showed you my refrigerator right now you’d gasp at the amount of mason jars full of pickles. There is alot, it’s kinda frightening at the amount of pickles that are in there. You would think I’m hoarding pickles for the apocalypse. Because I can’t fit any more pickles in my refrigerator and I have run out of mason jars I got to thinking what else I could do with our garden cucumbers.
The only real thing I do with cucumbers is make pickles, but they are a vegetable that I compare to broccoli or peas, so why not marinate them just like I do with those? Asian Marinated Cucumbers is where the party is!
Asian Cucumbers Recipe
I tried to find a recipe online to help steer the way but it was really hard for me to find any guidance as the majority of all cucumber salad recipes are cold but I wanted something hot that I could serve as a side dish for dinner, or over rice, or even better yet over rice and chicken. You could totally replace Chinese Takeout Chicken and Broccoli with Chinese Takeout Chicken and Cucumbers and it would be delicious.
I marinated these cucumbers overnight but if you are rushed for time, a few hours would do the trick. Marinating them really makes them soak up the sauce.
Asian Cucumber Salad
My family loves this dish served over rice (always made with our rice cooker). You could also serve it with a protein, like chicken or tofu too. Not only does my husband gobble this, but if a toddler eats cucumbers then you know it’s going to be delicious!
If you want to turn this into a Asian Cucumber Salad you could serve it over some Chinese greens!
Looking for more great recipes? Try my Easy Lo Mein recipe!
Pin for later:
Asian Marinated CucumbersPrint
- 2 cucumbers - cut up into half circles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- sesame seeds to garnish
- Take your cucumber and cut into slices, then cut in half so you have a bunch of half circles.
- Put cucumbers into bowl and pour soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and sugar on top. Stir around.
- Cover with plastic and place in refrigerator. Marinate anywhere from a few hours to overnight.
- Heat pan over medium high heat and pour cucumbers and sauce in. Saute for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds.