OVEN BAKED BBQ Sausage Kabobs with Mushrooms and Peppers are delicious! This easy healthy recipe bakes the meat and veggie kabobs in the oven so no grill is needed! The sausage has a coat of brown sugar BBQ sauce on it that is so tasty! These are my favorite year round Kabobs that my entire family loves! This recipe is sponsored by Peapod.
Can you believe it’s almost the end of May? Pretty soon it’ll be Summer and weekends will be filled with barbecues and picnics! I love a good barbecue but sometimes it’s hard living in the city. You either need to live in a building that allows grilling or you need to get to the park early to use one of the grills there. But not to worry – you can get the same barbecue taste inside with these Oven Baked BBQ Sausage Kabobs! I made these because I was craving barbecued meats and veggies on a rainy day and they quickly became a dinner time favorite!
Sweet Italian Sausage is a necessity for this recipe, and I highly recommend using green peppers and mushrooms, but feel free to add some onions to those kabobs too!
All my ingredients came delivered to my home from Peapod, which you learned in a previous post, I love! I love their produce, I love their prices, I love how nice their delivery people are! You need to check out their “Peapod Takes Brooklyn” page, they are my favorite for food delivery in the city!
I love this recipe because it’s so simple to put together! Just like at a barbecue, use the time to chat with friends instead of putting work into the meal!
Now load your metal skewers up with sausage and veggies.
Use a brush to add barbecue sauce to the meat. My favorite barbecue sauce is Sweet Baby Ray’s but you can use your favorite or homemade! I love when the barbecue sauce gets on the veggies too – I love that smoky taste they get from being oven cooked with the sauce.
And in no time at all, you’ll have barbecue worthy food ready to be enjoyed inside or outside! *Once skewers come out of the oven, they will be hot so be careful!*
Enjoy your barbecue picnic (plaid tablecloth and all!)!
- 1 pound Sweet Italian Sausage links
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 large green pepper
- 8 oz whole mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the Sweet Italian Sausage into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut the green pepper into 1 inch pieces.
- Mix barbecue sauce and brown sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix olive oil and salt + pepper in other small bowl. Add peppers and mushrooms to the bowl, tossing to slightly coat them.
- Add the sausage pieces, peppers and mushrooms to stainless steel skewers. Use a brush to rub barbecue sauce on the sausage links.
- Bake the kabobs for 30-32 minutes, or until the sausage is slightly browned.
- 6 servings
- I recommend using stainless steel kabob skewers instead of wooden ones. With metal ones you can reuse and you don’t have to prepare them. If you are going to use wooden skewers please research soaking them beforehand because if you don’t soak them they will burn in the oven.
I’ve partnered with Peapod to create this recipe content. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.