Delicious Banana Bread Muffins that are topped with Chocolate Frosting! These are made with 3 whole bananas and taste just like baked banana bread!
Do you love banana bread? I hope your answer is “Yes!” because I have a real treat for you. I love banana bread myself. I will admit as a kid I had too many pieces of convenience store banana bread topped with cream cheese. Obviously nothing beats homemade banana bread, especially the smell that comes out of the oven when it’s done baking. Can you close your eyes and just imagine that smell? Hope you’re getting hungry!
These banana muffins taste just (and smell just like!) baked banana bread. To make them even sweeter, I topped them with a rich chocolate frosting. Banana and chocolate are a great combo (like this ice cream) but it even tastes better in muffin form!
My mini banana muffins that so many readers love were the inspiration for these, except these are full size muffins. These make quite a treat for a casual afternoon of baking, birthday parties, bake sales and more. I hope you enjoy them soon!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 3/4 cups confectioners powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Spray your muffin pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in bowl.
- Add bananas, sugar, butter, and egg. Beat all ingredients together until smooth.
- Spoon this into muffin pan evenly, filling up 3/4 high.
- Bake 25-26 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Once the frosting is made (below) spread or pipe on muffins.
- In a bowl mix together powered sugar and cocoa.
- Add in butter, milk and vanilla and continue to beat until frosting is fluffy.
- Makes 1 dozen muffins