This is my Valentine to you! It comes in the shape of a cookie with a milk chocolate covered cherry on top. When you bite into one (good luck only eating one) you will see hearts in your eyes!
I received these delicious Milk Chocolate covered cherries from Santa Barbara Chocolate Company and immediately ate one when I opened the box. I mean how can you say no when you see these?
I’ve fallen in love with Santa Barbara Chocolates in the past weeks and have been baking up a storm with their chocolate chips too, but today this is all about these beautiful cherries that are hand dipped in their custom milk chocolate and filled with cherry juice (from Morello cherries) . Not too sweet and of highest quality, the morello cherry is the perfect compliment to the milk chocolate. When you bite into one and feel that cherry explode into your mouth (getting sexy here) you’ll understand why. I can honestly say these are the best chocolate covered cherries I ever tasted and trust me, I’ve done alot of tasting research in my days.
So there I was, sitting with this box of chocolate covered cherries, eating 1 by 1. My brain said “Do something with them, be creative” while my belly said “Just eat them all”. So I combined these 2 wishes, I made cookies with them and then ate them all. :D)
These cookies are based on my favorite Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe but with something a little extra (with a ton of flavor) – cherries!
The cookie base will melt in your mouth while the chocolate covered cherry has a little crunch when you bite into it.
Ok, get ready to SWOOON.
Seriously, get ready.
Are you ready?
Still swooning? Me too!
With Valentine’s Day coming up in a few days, send this recipe to your other half threatening to be mad at them if they don’t make them for you. Or you can subtle and just send them this link with a smiley face. Or you can threaten them, I feel like that’s more effective. 🙂
- 1/2 cup butter - softened
- 1/2 cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- sugar to roll cookies in
- 24 chocolate covered cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With mixer cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until all mixed.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, roll in sugar and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until slightly browned.
- Once out of the oven immediately press a chocolate covered cherry in the middle.
- Let cool and store in airtight container.
- Makes 2 dozen cookies.