Double Chocolate Sea Salt Hot Cocoa is a rich and creamy hot chocolate recipe! Just a sprinkle of sea salt on top helps balance out the double chocolate. Chocolate Lovers, this recipe is for you!
hat’s probably going to be your reaction when you take a sip of this hot cocoa. It’s double chocolate so you will need to add 15 minutes to the treadmill, but trust me, it’s worth it.
With the holidays right around the corner (exciting!) the weather is changing here. I grew up in Pennsylvania where Christmas was usually blistery and covered in snow. In NYC, I can’t recall many white Christmas days in the last 10 years, but I can feel the weather changing. This week I’m already whipping my gloves out of my bag 2 minutes into my walk to work. By the time I make my way home later in the day there’s one thing I want when I walk in the door. Ok, 2 things, because first I want cat hugs. That’s hot chocolate. I want one nice mug of hot chocolate that will warm my hands and belly up.
I love the combo of chocolate + sea salt, so this recipe is giving you that sweet and salty taste. Just a sprinkle of sea salt on top helps balance out the double chocolate. Throw some marshmallows and holiday sprinkles on top and you’ll have your new favorite Winter drink.
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 6 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- marshmallows and sprinkles (optional, but awesome)
- In small saucepan whisk together 1 cup milk, cocoa powder and sugars until they are dissolved over medium high heat.
- Add the remaining 1 cup milk and chocolate chips. Keep stirring until the chocolate chips are melted. Run a spoon on the bottom of the saucepan and see if any chocolate comes up. If it does, keep stirring until melted.
- Pour into 2 cups and sprinkle a nice sized pinch of sea salt on top of each one.
- Add marshmallows and sprinkles!
- Servings: 2