Delicious recipe for Banana Muffins made with white chocolate chips. These are perfect for a hearty breakfast on the go! Baking time is 20 minutes and makes 8 regular size muffins
These banana muffins are based around one of my most popular recipes on the blog, Mini Moist Crumble Banana Muffins. I receive emails all the time from people proclaiming their love to these muffins and expressing how much their kids like them too! The tweak I made to these is first I made them full size, so they’re hearty enough for breakfast. I also added some high quality white chocolate chips to really give each bite a sweet balance with the bananas.
The banana taste is there, but it’s not super strong. I shared these with my banana bread loving friend and my not so much banana loving Matthew and both of them loved them so much they ate multiples. They’re a winner across the board.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Optional: Melted white chocolate to drizzle on top when done
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix bananas, sugar, butter and egg until smooth.
- Add flour mixture into banana mixture and continue to mix so everything is combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir with spoon to evenly distribute.
- Spoon this into the muffin pan, filling each muffin spot 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the sides of your muffins are slightly brown.
- Makes 6-8 regular size muffins.