Easy Dill Hamburger Pickles recipe. No canning, no vinegar and they only take 24 hours to pickle!
It’s the beginning of August which means it’s pickle time. The cucumber plants are thriving and we’re picking kirby cucumbers by the basket. Between this and my Half Sour Pickle recipe, I’m all set with my pickles for the next few months.
This pickle recipe is easy and tastes just like the best Dill Hamburger pickles you can buy in the store. You don’t need canning experience because these are no boil needed. You throw them in the refrigerator and they’re ready to crunch in 24 hours. Also this recipe doesn’t use vinegar because you all know my hatred for vinegar, so for all of you who have gotten to this recipe because you typed into Google “I hate vinegar, please give me pickles”, I got you covered. I love these pickles, they’re win win all around.
We’ve been picking a bunch of kirby cucumbers in the garden. We grow our cucumbers in 27 gallon containers and we’re always surprised by how well they grow. We try to pick them before they get too big, but sometimes one giant gets through because we miss him (they’re boys).
I always love the odd ball shaped pickle too. Don’t discriminate, they all make delicious pickles.
First thing, cut up you pickles into slices. You’ll want 4 cups of pickles for this recipe. If you’re doing more or less than 4 cups, then you’ll have to do some math with the recipe.
While cutting the cucumbers, throw a few in your mouth because you deserve it. Aren’t they delicious?
Throw your dry ingredients in a bowl and mix them around. If you want to make sure they stay crunchy, make sure to pick up some Pickling Crisp. I get mine from Amazon for $8 and it lasts forever.
Throw your pickles in 1 pint mason jars. Then throw your dry herbs and seasonings on top.
Now add your sugar/salt water mixture evenly into the 3 mason jars.
Now close the lid and shake these babies up.
All ready for refrigeration…
Throw them in the fridge and wait 24 hours. No peeking, no opening. I know the urge is hard but do it!
And once the 24 hours is up, dive in!
They are the perfect taste of dill with a nice crunch.
Now the hard part.. not eating them all at once!
No Boil, No Vinegar 24 Hour Easy Dill Hamburger Pickles
- 4 cups kirby cucumbers (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon pepperscorns
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Ball Pickle Crisp
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Cut cucumbers into slices.
- Clean 3 one pint mason jars.
- Mix garlic, dried dill, peppercorns, mustard seeds and pickle crisps in small bowl.
- Mix sea salt and sugar in water in bowl until salt and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place cucumbers into jars.
- Evenly distribute the spices into each jar.
- Pour the water mixture evenly into each jar, to the very top. Close jars and give them each a shake.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Makes 3 one pint mason jars.
- Best eaten within 1 month.
Brooklyn Farm Girl http://brooklynfarmgirl.com/