This Quesadilla Casserole is an easy Mexican casserole recipe that includes layers of tortillas, ground beef, black beans, corn and cheese, all made into a perfect quesadilla bake. A quick and simple meal that the whole family will love!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes don’t drain
- 1 15 ounce can black beans (or pinto beans) drained
- 1 8 ounce can of whole kernel corn drained
- 1 4 ounce can chopped green chiles don’t drain
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 8 inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown beef and onion in large skillet on medium-high heat, drain. Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, corn and green chiles to skillet. Mix well.
Add chili powder, cumin and red pepper flakes to skillet. Continue mixing.
Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
Spread ½ cup of the beef mixture in a 13x9 baking dish. Add 2 tortillas on top, overlapping them in the middle.
Add ½ of the remaining beef mixture on top of the tortillas. Add ½ cup cheese on top of ground beef. Repeat again with tortillas, beef mixture and cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.