CHINESE Chicken and Broccoli
CHINESE Chicken and Broccoli. Homemade, healthy and easy recipe that tastes just like your favorite Chinese restaurant! Your entire family is going to love how delicious this is, and you're going to love how simple it is to make!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 head of broccoli cut up into florets
- 1 small green pepper - cut up into small slices
- 3/4 cup sugar snap peas - chopped into thirds
For the chicken marinade
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts - cut up into bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon rice cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to fry in
- 1/2 cup water
Mix your marinade ingredients in a bowl - add your bite size chicken pieces and stir. Set aside.
Mix your sauce ingredients in a bowl - set aside.
Steam broccoli for 3 minutes, drain - set aside.
Heat up 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken, it's marinade and 1/2 of the sauce mixture. Keep cooking until chicken is fully cooked.
Add steamed broccoli, sugar snap peas, green pepper and remaining sauce with 1/2 cup water.
Cook for about 3-4 minutes until sauce thickens up.
Serve and enjoy!