This family-friendly Taco Spaghetti Casserole combines all the delicious flavors of spaghetti and tacos! This recipe is a fun way to serve up something new and tasty, plus it’s easy to make! Serve this recipe up for taco night, and surprise the whole fam!
Why You’ll Love Taco Spaghetti Casserole
If you’re a fan of spaghetti, this is the perfect dish for you. Traditional spaghetti can become a bit boring and mundane, but this predictable recipe transforms into something amazing in this taco spaghetti dish! Who would have thought a Mexican-flavored pasta dish could be so good! You’ll love the pockets of melty cheese, tasty taco meat, and crunchy tortilla chip topping. This creative taco spaghetti recipe is one of my family’s favorite dishes and an easy weeknight dinner!
How do you make taco bake?
Simple Mexican spaghetti casserole that tastes like Mexican hamburger helper, what’s not to love?! This recipe is so easy to throw together for a family dinner just gather together the following ingredients:
- spaghetti (half a box)
- ground beef (you can sub ground turkey or ground chicken if you prefer)
- minced garlic
- taco seasoning
- canned corn
- taco sauce
- condensed cream of chicken soup
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- crushed tortilla chips
Once you have all your ingredients, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 11×8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
Break spaghetti in half and cook in a large pot according to package instructions. Make sure the pasta is fully drained and place it in the baking dish.
While the pasta cooks, add ground beef and minced garlic into a large skillet and cook until browned. Then drain the extra fat from the skillet.
Add taco seasoning, water, corn, and taco sauce to the skillet, and bring to a low boil, cooking until thickened. This will take about 10 minutes.
Next, in a medium-sized bowl, combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Then, pour the cheese mixture on top of the spaghetti mixture.
For the next layer, spread the ground beef mixture on top of your sour cream mixture. Make sure to spread it around until the sour cream mixture is evenly covered.
Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese on top. And add the crushed tortilla chips.
Now you’re ready to toss it in the oven! Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream, extra tortilla tips on top for an added crunch, and even some hot sauce if that’s your thing!
What else can I add in?
The recipe is delicious as is. But here are additional add-ins you might like!
- Along with the ground beef and garlic, add a small chopped onion or green pepper to add some extra color and flavor. You can also add a can of drained black beans into the ground beef mixture when you add the corn.
- Instead of taco sauce, add a 16-ounce jar of salsa.
Note: To keep it kid-friendly, use a mild taco sauce or salsa.
On the other hand, if you want to up the heat level of this dish, consider adding fresh jalapenos. You can serve them on the side so that those who prefer a little extra kick can enjoy that, but the rest of the dish won’t be too spicy for everyone else.
- If you like your cheesy taco spaghetti casserole extra cheesy, feel free to add more cheese!
What to Serve with Taco Spaghetti Bake?
Taco Spaghetti bake has everything, but if you want to add a side dish, this pasta recipe pairs well with our Fried Corn and Onion recipe. Or you can serve it with a simple vegetable like roasted broccoli or any simple salads.
How to Store Taco Spaghetti Bake?
This recipe makes a big pan of food. You’ll likely have leftovers! You have two options to store leftovers: leave the casserole in the dish and cover with tin foil or plastic wrap. Or keep the spaghetti bake in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
We love enjoying this meal the next day for lunch or dinner. It’s just as good and makes for an easy meal. Plus, this simple taco spaghetti bake is a great recipe for meal prep! Toss together this casserole and store it in the fridge to enjoy lunch all week long.
This easy recipe is definitely becoming a staple in my house. It’s such a great weeknight meal that doesn’t take much time to make and tastes like heaven. Enjoy!
Pin for later:
Taco Spaghetti CasserolePrint
- 8 ounces spaghetti (half a box)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (1 ounce package) taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 1 (15 ounce can) corn drained
- 1 (8 ounce jar) taco sauce
- 1 (10.75 ounce can) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce container) sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup tortilla chips crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 11×8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Break spaghetti in half and cook according to package directions. Drain and place in baking dish.
- In a large skillet, add ground beef and minced garlic and cook until browned. Drain extcess fat from the skillet. Add taco seasoning, water, corn and taco sauce, and bring to a low boil, cooking until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream and 1 cup shredded cheese. Pour this mixture on top of spaghetti.
- Spread ground beef mixture on top of sour cream mixture, spreading it around to fully cover. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup shredded cheese on top, along with crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
Bonus: Check out my recipe story!