Life changing Peanut Butter Burger recipe! This healthy burger recipe is easy to make with ground turkey, bacon, cheese and creamy peanut butter. Give it a try!
Peanut Butter Burger
If I ask what my husband he wants for dinner, more than likely he will say “burgers.” What can I say, the man loves his burgers! This recipe is a twist on a basic burger recipe and packs a big taste punch with the creamy peanut butter and Worcestershire sauce.
These burgers are made with ground turkey and then topped with bacon, cheese and your favorite toppings! My favorite toppings are dill pickles and tomatoes! What’s yours?
Wait, what’s a peanut butter burger?
You know how you usually form your burgers with meat and you add some of your favorite seasonings to it? Well we’re doing the same thing, but we’re also adding creamy peanut butter to the meat. The peanut butter gives it a subtle nut taste, that even the most basic burger eaters are going to LOVE!
Peanut Butter Burger Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this recipe:
- ground turkey
- Worcestershire sauce
- creamy peanut butter
- cheddar cheese
- hamburger buns
- bacon (we prefer turkey bacon to keep it light on calories)
- toppings of your choice (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles)
Who knew peanut butter in a burger could be so good? But then again, doesn’t peanut butter make everything better?
How to Make a Peanut Butter Burger
Mix ground turkey, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and creamy peanut butter in a bowl until combined.
Form 4 burger patties from the mixture. Cover with plastic and put in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill.
Cook the turkey patties in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook for 5-10 minutes per side, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Add a cheese slice to each burger and cook for 1 additional minute until cheese is melted.
After the burger is done, add to your toasted hamburger bun, add your cooked bacon on top of the cheese, and then load up on your favorite toppings! Lettuce, onions, tomatoes, pickles – whatever you want. Personally, I love lots of tomatoes and pickles on my burger!
Peanut Butter Bacon Burger
We prefer turkey bacon for our burgers because it keeps it lower on calories, but if you want to use regular bacon, go for it! I always recommend a piece of bacon for a burger because it adds a nice crunch with every bite!
Healthy Burger Recipe
This is definitely a healthier choice burger instead of your basic ground beef burger recipe.
Each burger comes in at around 625 calories, and that includes bacon, roll and toppings of your choice! To make it a complete meal, serve with some fresh greens or kettle chips on the side.
I hope you like this peanut butter burger recipe!
Looking for more peanut butter recipes?
Pin for later:
Peanut Butter BurgerPrint
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 slices cooked turkey bacon
- toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles
- Mix ground turkey, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and peanut butter in a bowl until combined. Form 4 burger patties from the mixture. Cover with plastic and put in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill.
- Cook the turkey patties in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook for 5-10 minutes per side, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Add a cheese slice to each burger and cook for 1 additional minute until cheese is melted.
- Cook turkey bacon, toast your burger buns, and prepare toppings. Put burgers together and enjoy!