Lime Lentils with Sugar Snap Peas is a delicious healthy side dish made in less than 30 minutes. These make a fantastic dish to serve with chicken or to have on the holiday dinner table. Recipe uses 2 cups dry lentils and 1 1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas.
I first made these Lime Lentils during the Summer when we were in peak Sugar Snap Pea season. I loved how easy they were to make. I loved how economical the dish was (dry lentils are cheap!). I loved how fresh the dish tasted due to the crunch of the peas. A few months later it’s still one of our favorite side dishes.
Lime Lentils Recipe
These are perfect to serve with a chicken dinner but you could also get creative. You could throw them in a salad, or even throw them on a hamburger bun for a vegetarian “sloppy joe” style sandwich with a slice of cheese.
Lentils with Sugar Snap PeasPrint
- 2 cups dry lentils
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup sugar snap peas chopped thin
- Wash lentils.
- Add lentils, water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to large pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Once boiling, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and olive oil. Stir.
- Place sugar snap peas in large serving bowl. Add drained lentils and lime juice mixture.
- Stir so everything is combined.