These cookies are butter cookies filled with dark chocolate peanut butter. Should I even say more or just stop here?
Some of you might know this already but I’m a big fan of Peanut Butter & Co. You can imagine my audible gasp when I read a email that said they were releasing a new recipe book, 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams. Gasp again. And again. I had no idea that Dark Chocolate Dreams was the #1 selling flavor for Peanut Butter & Co, but I can imagine why. Peanut butter blended with rich dark chocolate. Eat it out of the jar, spread it on pancakes or waffles, make cookies with it or ideally make every single recipe in this book. This cookbook encourages you to you make a new Dark Chocolate Dreams treat every single day of the month – from blondies to smoothies to crepes to tarts to cakes and everything in between.
The first recipe that stood out to me was the Dark Chocolate Dreams Filled Butter Cookies. I love (!) butter cookies so you can imagine my happiness when I took a bite and it was chewy, moist and delicious. Then imagine my extreme happiness when I got to the middle and tasted chocolate peanut butter. Swoon.
As Lee Zalben says in the book “A day without chocolate – what could be sadder? Perhaps only a day without peanut butter if you ask me!”. I agree.
Dark Chocolate Dreams Filled Butter Cookies
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, egg, salt and vanilla extract just until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour a little at a time and mix just until incorporated and dough like. Cover the dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes (this is important, make sure to do it).
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart and use a spoon to press each down into neat circles. Use the top of the spoon to press a small well into the center of each cookie.
- Drop 1 teaspoon of the Dark Chocolate Drams peanut butter into the well in each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until edges of cookies turn golden brown. Let cool.
Makes 24 cookies.
One lucky reader will win both the 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams Cookbook and a giant 28 oz jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter. So give it a shot, it might be your lucky day! To win this, just leave a comment telling me how much you love peanut butter.
Contest ends: February 2 at 11:59PM EST. Winner must be located in the United States.
Update: Contest is over, Kelly won!