Traditional butter cookies filled with chocolate peanut butter makes delicious cookies! These are perfect for holiday tins!
Chocolate Butter CookiesPrint
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, egg, salt and vanilla extract just until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour a little at a time and mix just until incorporated and dough like. Cover the dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes (this is important, make sure to do it).
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart and use a spoon to press each down into neat circles. Use the top of the spoon to press a small well into the center of each cookie.
- Drop 1 teaspoon of the Dark Chocolate Drams peanut butter into the well in each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until edges of cookies turn golden brown. Let cool.
Makes 24 cookies.