Scrumptious Chocolate Cookies With THE BEST Peanut Butter Frosting. The most popular cookie that friends and families ask me to make! Recipe makes 2 dozen cookies.
Chocolate cookies aren’t appreciated enough in my opinion. Usually when you hear chocolate in a cookie you automatically think of chocolate chip cookies, but how about straight up chocolate cookies? Chocolate cookies are a thing of beauty when you bake them and they get that cracked texture on top. Now throw on some frosting (that’s right) on top and you have your new favorite cookie. The holiday season is all about comfort food and cookies are on the top of this list. Who else receives cookies as gifts from their mother, aunt or sister? It’s the best! This year I decided I’m going to make cookies and chocolates as gifts to family and friends. There’s something real special about handing a nicely wrapped tin of cookies that still smell like they came straight from the oven to people you love.
It’s almost as good as unwrapping a Goblin for Christmas. Almost.
If you guys can’t tell I’m obsessed with peanut butter frosting right now so I asked why do cupcakes and donuts get to have all the fun? Cookies need decadent frosting too! I’m sure noone will disagree with this… right?
This might be the best cookie dough I’ve made. I kept telling myself “You need to eat dinner tonight, don’t eat anymore!”. But I did..
You’ll want to roll these into tablespoon sized balls (pictured to left). Then gently press down with a spoon (not pictured). And then when they come out of the oven they’ll be perfect (pictured to right).
I just love how crinkly these look on top when they come out of the oven. When they are finished baking, they’ll be soft, but don’t worry, give them 15 minutes to cool and they’ll harden up.
Now you can totally just use this recipe to just make chocolate cookies. Throw some powdered sugar on top and you’re done.
Or you can take them to the next level and add peanut butter frosting on top. OH LA LA LA.
This peanut butter frosting has become a staple in my recipe book. I’ve also learned how easy it is to make my own powdered sugar from making this frosting so often. All you do is take 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cornstarch, put in the blender and blend until it has a powdered sugar consistency. It’s so easy!
If I have chocolate wafers in my baking cabinet, I’ll throw one on top of each cookie.
Hope you guys enjoy these cookies!
Scrumptious Chocolate Cookies With DA BOMB Peanut Butter FrostingPrint
For the cookies
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting
- 1 cup powdered sugar I make my own, instructions in Notes below
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Chocolate Wafers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray or use silicone baking sheets.
- In a large bowl mix butter, milk and sugars together with hand mixer. Add egg and vanilla and continue mixing.
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda and mix until you have a nice cookie dough consistency.
- Roll up tablespoons of cookie dough and drop onto cookie sheet. Use a spoon to lightly press down each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will be soft when they come out of the oven, but don't worry, they will harden up.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
For the frosting
- Add powdered sugar, peanut butter and milk in a bowl and use a hand mixer until it forms into a nice frosting.
- Spread generous amount of frosting on each cookie.
- Add chocolate wafer on top of each cookie.
To make your own powdered sugar, mix 1 cup granulated sugar with 1 teaspoon cornstarch in a blender until it is powdered.
Leave a Comment