I have a thing for donuts. When I’m home and craving a sweet, or need to bring a dessert to a party, I usually grab my handy donut pan and get to work. Sometimes I’m feeling vanilla, other times chocolate, and maybe I’m feeling crazy so I add some tea or berries to make a new flavor. If you don’t have a donut pan, buy one, it will be a life changing moment when you make donuts for the first time.
That’s how these Fudgy Milk Chocolate Donuts With Peanut Butter Frosting happened. I needed donuts.
And do you know what donuts need? They need lots of frosting. And what goes best with chocolate? Peanut butter. This peanut butter frosting you guys…. SWOOOOOON!
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray your donut pan with nonstick spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add oil, vanilla and milk and continue to stir until mixed.
- Pour into donut pan (about 3/4 filled) and bake 11-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar, peanut butter and 1 tablespoon milk in a bowl and use a hand mixer until it forms into a nice frosting.
- If glaze is too thick add one additional tablespoon of milk.
- Once donuts are cool, carefully take each one out of the donut pan.
- Take a knife and spread a nice amount of frosting on top.
- For the holidays or birthdays add some fun sprinkles on top.
- Servings: 10
- To make your own powdered sugar, mix 1 cup granulated sugar with 1 teaspoon cornstarch in a blender until it is powdered.