HOMEMADE Watermelon Jam with no pectin! This easy to make jam recipe uses fresh watermelon juice to make a healthy jam. No pectin is needed for this recipe, just throw it in the refrigerator when it’s done! This is one of the best fruit jams, I love eating it on toast!
What can I make with watermelons?
This year we grew a bunch of watermelons in the garden. If you’re looking for a good container fruit to grow, watermelon is the direction you should go in. On each plant we usually get 3-4 watermelons which quickly adds up when you have a few plants!
By the way did you know that watermelon is a fruit and a vegetable? It is a fruit because it grows from a seed. It’s a vegetable because it is harvested and cleared from the field like other vegetables and because it is a member of the same family as pumpkins. I had no idea!
Watermelon Jam Recipe
First, you’ll need watermelon juice which is easy to make. Remove the seeds from your watermelon and then throw watermelon chunks in a blender or food processor. Blend until it turns into watermelon juice!
I love making homemade jam with blueberries so I decided this time to make a watermelon jam recipe. And because I think all jam tastes and smells better with a bit of cinnamon we’ll throw some of that in to make it extra special. This recipe calls for 16 cups of watermelon juice (watermelon is 92% juice) but if you don’t have that much just scale down the recipe.
I bet noone will believe you when you tell them this jam is watermelon jam!
Watermelon Jam without pectin!
More Jam Recipes
Looking for more jam recipes? Try my other favorites:
Pin for later:
Looking for more watermelon recipes? Try my watermelon soup!
HOMEMADE Watermelon Jam! This easy to make jam recipe uses fresh watermelon juice to make a healthy jam. No pectin is needed for this recipe, just throw it in the refrigerator when it's done! This is one of the best fruit jams, I love eating it on toast!
- 16 cups watermelon juice seeds out
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients in large pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium high. Keep a eye on this so it doesn't boil over. Skim foam as it rises. Check and stir every 15 minutes.
- Continue to boil for 2-3 hours (mine took 3 hours). Depending if you reduce the recipe yours might done faster, so keep checking to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. Immediately place in mason jar. The jam hardens quickly so if you let it sit for longer it will be tough getting it out of the pot.
- Place in refrigerator and enjoy!