This post brought to you by Tasty Bite. All opinions are 100% mine.
This Jalapeno Peppered Chicken Marsala makes me dream of Fall weather. Big chunky sweaters, slippers on my feet, the smell of arriving cool air. Unfortunately I’m wearing as little as possible, nothing on my feet and the smell is of humidity. Summer is here in full force, but let’s turn on the air conditioner and pretend it’s Fall. Let’s dream…
We had this Jalapeno Peppered Chicken Marsala for dinner and it was a big hit. The Chicken is slathered in a savory gravy and then diced jalapeno peppers and onions are spread on top. This gives it a nice crunch and a very nice taste of freshness. It’s the perfect match to a Summer meets Fall meal.
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Marsala cooking wine
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers diced (seeds removed)
- Put chicken breasts into plastic bag with flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Shake so chicken breasts are completely covered in this mixture.
- Put olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until browned and fully cooked inside. Flip the chicken during this process to brown on all sides.
- Add mushrooms to skillet.
- Pour Marsala sauce over chicken.
- Cover skillet and simmer for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken half way to get all sides covered with gravy.
- Put diced onions and jalapeno peppers on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
- A great side dish to this Chicken Marsala is brown rice or mashed potatoes.
- It's also delicious served over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes.
Tasty Bite feature over 40 products. From Indian, Asian and rice products, they have it all. Everything has bold flavors that has natural great tasting ingredients. You know how I said it was ready in 5 minutes? Well you boil it in the package it comes in. It’s that easy. Then after 5 minutes, you open the package and pour it into your serving bowl. Despite being packaged Tasty Bite never uses artificial ingredients, GMO, preservatives or MSG. Awesome, right? You can also throw your rice in the microwave for a quick 90 seconds if you want it super super quick! Check out the great tasting selections at nationwide retailers like Whole Foods, Costco, Kroger and more (find at a store near you).
Enjoy this Jalapeno Peppered Chicken Marsala!