10 minute Chicken and Cherry Tomato Stir-Fry recipe. Serve hot over rice, couscous or noodles.
This chicken and cherry tomato toss is a gardeners dream serving up a fresh and delicious stir-fry dish! When tomato season hits I like to be prepared for recipes because once one it starts…. then it will start to rain tomatoes!
When tomato insanity hits we often have days where we are picking 10 pounds of tomatoes. I make plenty of sauces to last us through winter, but I love to enjoy our cherry tomatoes super fresh for dinner! This Chicken and Cherry Tomato Toss Stir-Fry is totally going to be a Summer time favorite!
The combination of chicken stock, soy sauce and ginger root gives this a great “Asian” tasting meal. I can totally see this being a Chinese dish served over rice. In my case I served it over thick lo mein noodles which was a perfect compliment to the chicken and tomatoes. After dinner I was declaring this delicious so next time you set your eyes on some cherry tomatoes, grab them and make this Stir-Fry!
Chicken and Cherry Tomato Toss Stir-Fry
- 3 tbsp chicken stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 12 oz skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 11⁄2-inch
- 1 ⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 ⁄4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine chicken stock, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, if using, sugar and salt and stir well. Set aside.
- In a wok or a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and toss well, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and spread into a single layer. Cook, undisturbed, until edges turn white, about 1 minute. Toss well. Cook, tossing occasionally, until no longer pink, about 1 minute more.
- Add chicken stock mixture, pouring in around sides of pan. Cook, tossing occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and coated in a thin, smooth sauce, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Reserve a generous pinch of green onions for garnish, and add remaining green onions and cherry tomatoes to pan. Cook, tossing once, for 1 minute more.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle reserved green onions over chicken. Serve hot or warm over rice, couscous or noodles.