A Game of Thrones recipe for House Stark – sweet oatcakes! Make this easy oat cake recipe while you’re watching your favorite show!
Game of Thrones Recipe
You guys, the season premiere of Game of Thrones is on this Sunday, are you excited as me?
You either have 2 responses:
I don’t watch Game of Thrones
If you say “YES!” then I slap you high 5, hug you and give you my love!
If you say “I don’t watch Game of Thrones” I still hug you because you’re nice, but I need to know why you don’t watch it!
If you haven’t been watching the last few seasons, then you need to catch up because it is my favorite show on television and I get so much thrill from Sunday nights that it’s hard to put into words. Recently I finished reading all the Game of Thrones books which left me in sadness for about a week because I had no idea what to do with my life anymore without these books. I’m also interested to see how this is going to change how I watch the show, as I know so so so so much, but the show likes to change things a bit.
You want to know how excited we are? We just ordered HBO specifically for Game of Thrones. That’s dedication. And then once it’s done for the season, we’ll remove HBO.
Sweet Oatcakes Recipe
To get in the spirit I wanted to make a sweet that would be the perfect treat to bring to a Game of Thrones party. Along with your Cersei wig and your white cloak, I think you should totally whip up a batch of the Sweet Oatcakes! You already know Sansa is obsessed with Lemon Cakes, so let’s stay in the cake family but give it a oat twist!
These oatcakes are sweet but have plenty of crunch making them the perfect and addicting snack! I dare you to eat one….! 🙂 If you eat more than one though, it’s ok, they’re only 113 calories a piece!
Even Jon Snow likes them. PS. Hi Jon Snow. *Wiggles Eyebrows*.
I’m House Stark all the way, even though my Starks are disappearing. What House are you?
Game of Thrones Sweet Oatcakes
A Game of Thrones recipe for House Stark - sweet oatcakes! Make this easy oat cake recipe while you're watching your favorite show!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats ground in a food processor
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly grease two 9 inch round cake pans with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl cream together butter, salt, brown sugar and vanilla. Add in the baking soda, flour and oats and continue to mix.
- Divide the dough in half and press into cake pans, smoothing out so it takes up the entire base of the pan and is smooth on the top. Prick the dough on top with a fork in a pattern if you'd like.
- Bake the cakes for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. My time is always 37 minutes.
- Remove from oven and loosen edges with a butter knife.
- Wait 5 minutes then carefully turn cakes upside down to get them out. Immediately after, using a pizza wheel, cut each round cake into 12 pieces.