Enjoy this delicious Fizzy Vodka with Trix Cereal. For adults only!
Last week I was invited to a Hello Cereal Lovers event hosted by General Mills serving creations by Justin Warner. As soon as I arrived and started to taste all these amazing cereal dishes my mind started to wonder quickly. I usually think of Cereal as something I splash milk on and call it a day, or occasionally bake cookies and make granola bars with. But savory? I never thought of cereal as savory but that has all changed. By thinking out of the (cereal) box I can totally see how cereal can be incorporated into dinner dishes and you will see a few recipes in the upcoming weeks as I try them out. While at the event I had one amazing rotini pasta dish and one extra delicious split pea soup – both had cereal in it. I hope you’re intrigued by this, because you’re soon to be hungry!
As soon as I got to the event I was greeted with smiles, then quickly offered a Fizzy Trix drink. Let me tell you a few things:
I accepted this drink because all I heard was “Trix”.
I don’t drink Vodka.
I started to drink it and quickly felt my cheeks become flushed.
I found a recipe book at a nearby table and quickly realized I was drinking Vodka.
I really enjoyed this Fizzy Vodka Trix drink. Alot.
I quickly started to dance on tables.
They asked me to leave.
Ok the last 2 things aren’t true. In fact I was offered another Fizzy Trix drink but declined because I have a fear with alcohol that I will become that stranger on the subway home. Random: Once on the way home Matthew and I were sitting on the subway, and a intoxicated man placed his hand on Matthew’s thigh and quickly stroked very high up. Matthew removed his hand. I giggled crazily. The man awoke embarrassed, confused, and then passed out again. It was a highlight of my year.
So for you Fizzy Drink and Cereal lovers out there, I think you’re going to love this recipe. Enjoy!
Fizzy Trix Vodka
- 1 cup 8 oz vodka
- 1 cup Trix® cereal
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice 2 limes
- 2 pasteurized egg whites
- 2 cups ice cubes not crushed
- Dash of aromatic bitters
- Trix® cereal
- Place vodka in small bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cereal, let stand 15 minutes.
- Place cream in another small bowl, stir in remaining 1/2 cup cereal. Refrigerate 15 minutes, stirring once.
- In 1-quart saucepan, combine sugar and water. Heat to boiling, stir until sugar is dissolves. Remove from heat, set aside to cool.
- Stir vodka and cream mixtures. Strain mixtures into 2-cup glass measuring cup to remove cereal, discard cereal. Pour vodka-cream mixture into beverage shaker or quart-size jar with lid. Add lemon and lime juices, egg whites and sugar mixture. Shake drink like crazy. Add ice cubes to shaker, shake again like crazy.
- Strain drink into 4 chilled martini glasses. Hit the foamy top with a dash of bitters.
- Garnish With Cereal.
This is 4 servings.