Delicious Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. These cookies are beautiful with specks of green zucchini!
Hello Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies!
These are yummy chocolate chip cookies, but I like to consider them healthy because whenever I add a vegetable in they immediately should be declared healthy. Look ma, I’m eating my vegetables (wrapped up in brown sugar, butter and chocolate chips, but still..)!
Also, I really love the appearance of these cookies because even though at first glance they look like regular chocolate chip cookies, when you look closer you can see the green specks of zucchini. It just warms my little heart to see a bit of color in a cookie!
May I also suggest you make this Zucchini bread too?
This year I plan on lots of baking for holiday presents to friends and family. I have been looking for ways to ship baked goods the best way possible to prevent cookie breakage (and heart breakage). I found that if you use plastic pint containers (even better, just reuse your takeout pint containers after washing out) and layer each level with parchment paper, your cookies stay safe in the mail! I will be using this method for various sandwich pies and cookies during the holiday season.
- ½ cup butter – softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl stir together your butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add your egg and zucchini and stir to combine.
- Add flour, vanilla, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves and continue to stir till everything is mixed good.
- Add your chocolate chips and stir.
- Drop cookie dough on parchment lined or greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until bottoms are slightly browned.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Aren’t the green specks just pretty spread throughout the cookies?
Dont’ ask how many I ate. But it’s totally ok.. because they are healthy for you! 😉