Thanks to Minute® Rice for sponsoring this easy to make Fried Rice recipe post. All opinions are my own.
This Chinese Fried Rice recipe is full of vegetables and tastes just like Takeout! 1 1/2 cup of lettuce is used making this a great way to use up your garden lettuce!
We have a ton of lettuce right now in our garden. You might have seen a sneak peak of our lettuce earlier this week in the Garden Update, but if you saw my refrigerator today you might go running in fear! Lettuce is awesome, but when you have multiple giant lettuce heads staring at you with eyes that say “Eat me before I go bad” then you start to feel the stress! That is one reason (there’s many) that I love gardening, it makes me explore ingredients and go outside my regular cooking box. I have a few recipes coming up in the next week that involve lettuce and they’re all ones that I wouldn’t traditionally think of adding lettuce but since I want to use my harvest I get to have some kitchen fun and do some new ideas. Because of this Chinese Fried Rice with Lettuce was born!
This Fried Rice is delicious and so full of vegetables. It tastes just like Takeout Fried Rice but because you’re making it in your own kitchen you can be sure it’s much healthier for you! Many times you throw vegetables in your rice but often times lettuce gets looked over… but not here! In this recipe we’re going to throw a ton of chopped up lettuce and eat away!
I love how easy and filling rice can be. Did you know September is National Rice Month? Perfect timing for this recipe! I usually use White Rice for this recipe but you could also use Whole Grain Brown Rice. Minute® Rice is the best for weeknight meals because it’s quick and easy prepare. We always have some in our pantry! You’ll have great-tasting fluffy white rice in just 5 minutes if you use Minute® White Rice. If you prefer the nutty, rich flavor of brown rice then your Minute® Whole Grain Brown Rice will be ready in 10 minutes. Both Minute Brown and White Rice are gluten free and non GMO, so this is perfect for a gluten free diet too!
For more recipe ideas using Minute Rice make sure to sign up for the The Riceipe Club!
Enjoy this Chinese Fried Rice With Lettuce for dinner sometime soon!
Chinese Fried Rice With Lettuce
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2/3 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup chopped lettuce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- sesame oil to taste (don't skip this!)
- Cook rice according to box. Instead of water, cook rice in beef broth.
- In a small pot boil carrots in water for 3 minutes. Drop frozen peas into water, boil for 1 more minute, drain.
- Heat large pan over medium high heat. Pour in vegetable oil then stir in carrots and peas. Cook for 1 minute.
- Crack in eggs and stir them quickly to scramble them with carrots and peas.
- Add in cooked rice, lettuce, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Stir to combine everything together.
- Add sesame oil to taste on top. Stir again.
- Serve and enjoy!
Brooklyn Farm Girl http://brooklynfarmgirl.com/
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.