How to make Instant Coffee Chocolate Donuts with Vanilla Frosting! These donuts are delicious! Bonus how to recipe video included!
I have to tell you something. I made these donts to take to work to share with everyone, but instead I kept them at home because I wanted to eat them all. And I did, I ate them all, and I didn’t regret it one bit.
These donuts are the best of all worlds, moist chocolate donuts, vanilla frosting that sticks perfectly to the donuts, mini chocolate chips on top, and the sublte taste of coffee. What gives the donuts a special taste is that I used 1 tablespoon of Folgers instant coffee granules in the batter. Use 1-2 tablespoons depending on how “coffee” you want it to taste. I love how simple Instant coffee is to use in recipes!
These are perfect breakfast or brunch donuts to serve alongside a nice cup of coffee. They also make a great dessert. I love that you can get a small dose of your caffeine fix in, while eating a donut! Here’s my how to video that walks you through all the steps.
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons Folgers instant coffee granules (depending on how strong you want them)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray your donut pan with nonstick spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add oil, milk, vanilla and coffee and continue to stir until mixed.
- Pour into donut pan (about 3/4 filled) and bake 11-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- For the frosting, mix powdered sugar and milk together in bowl with a spoon.
- Once donuts are cooled down, dip each one into the frosting. Add mini chocolate chips on top.
- Makes 10 donuts.