These Coconut Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies are so good! They have a delicious powdered sugar glaze on top! The cookies are loaded with raisins and pecans so they make the perfect snack!
I made these cookies this past weekend knowing that I would need something sweet but filing to keep me energized this upcoming week. I loaded these cookies with raisins and pecans so just one cookie would give me that morning or afternoon jump that I need. Instead of milk or water I used Coconut Protein shake in the recipe because coconut + raisin is a awesome combo. To top it off I made my favorite sugar glaze that I quickly dip each cookie into, which quickly hardens so you don’t have to worry about messy frosting cookies (especially useful on the go!).
I’m obsessed with Bolthouse Farms ® Juices and Protein Shakes. As soon as I tasted the Coconut Protein Plus Shake I was hooked. I usually keep one in the office refrigerator to bounce back after long days (lots of those upcoming!). I highly recommend the Mango Pineapple Colada Fruit Juice Smoothie too, especially in the morning! It has 3/4 coconut, 3/4 cup of pineapple, 2/3 banana and 1/2 cup of mango – it’s crazy good. But back to the Coconut. Bolthouse Farms Coconut Shake has Vitamin A (keeping eyes and skin looking good), Vitamin B (supporting metabolism of proteins – energy! lean muscles!), Vitamin C (keeping your teeth and gums in check) and Calcium (strong bones! girl power). It’s also gluten free, no added preservatives or artificial flavors and no high fructose corn syrup. So it’s like win, win, win, win. Also, try the Raspberry Blood Orange juice. Run to your grocery store and find them all! Now back to the cookies.
Now let those cookies cool down. During this time make the sugar glaze. The glaze by the way is totally optional, but I say go for it! The glaze hardens up pretty quickly so you don’t have to worry about messy cookie frosting getting all over your hands. Since I love taking these cookies on road trips that’s important!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Coconut Protein Shake (I used Bolthouse Farms)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Protein Shake
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix butter and brown sugar with hand mixer. Add egg, keep mixing.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Continue mixing.
- Stir in coconut shake, raisins, pecans and chocolate chips. Use spoon to mix, evenly distributing new ingredients.
- Shape into tablespoon sized balls onto nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Dip each cookie into glaze, let it set for 10 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar and coconut together in bowl with hand mixer for a few seconds.
- Makes approximately 32 cookies.
- Store in airtight container.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.