Meatless Cheesy Taco Casserole – yum! By substituting black beans and corn for ground meat, we can make a delicious Meatless Cheesy Taco Casserole that will become a family favorite!
Hi everyone – I hope you’re having a great week! I’m typing this post from the glamorous back row of a Boltbus that’s traveling back to NYC from Washington DC (more about that next week! I went to the White House! OMGZ.) I’m sorry it’s been a little quiet around here but with building the garden on the land, R+R work, writing/shooting, and some travel (for work) this week has been tough. I also have to go to the accountant for my taxes tomorrow so this week is super rough. 😉 I ate 2 donuts today. I feel so guilty.
This Meatless Cheesy Taco Casserole is one of our favorite dinner recipes. It’s one of those dishes that you don’t get sick of having multiple times a week (we love it that much). Since going vegetarian, I’ve had to figure out how to change my recipes and that’s what I did for this casserole. Instead of ground beef, I’m adding in black beans and frozen corn. Mix that with some elbow macaroni, fresh tomatoes, green peppers, tomato soup, taco seasoning mix and taco cheese and you have the perfect weeknight meal! I don’t want to call this recipe healthy, because it does have the word “cheesy” in the title, but the recipe only calls for 3/4 cups of cheese and if you want you can even add less. My husband who still eats meat (but hardly does because I’m the chef of the house) loves this meal and doesn’t miss the ground beef at all! You know it’s a winner when he requests Meatless Cheesy Taco Casserole every week!
So without further ado…here’s our favorite taco casserole!
Enjoy everyone! Have a great weekend!
- 1 cup of elbow macaroni
- 1 15 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 large green pepper - chopped
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes - diced
- 1 10.75 ounce can of condensed tomato soup
- 1 package of taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup shredded taco blend cheese
- 2 jalapenos - chopped finely for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Into a casserole baking dish add your elbow macaroni, black beans, corn, green pepper, tomatoes, tomato soup and taco seasoning mix. Stir the ingredients with a spoon.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the casserole.
- Add finely chopped up jalapenos on top. (optional)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheesy is bubbly.