HEALTHY Roasted Vegetable Sandwich is a hoagie filled with roasted veggies! This easy, healthy recipe includes mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes, potatoes and green beans thrown on a sub roll with melted cheese on top! Make this simple meal for dinner, lunch or cut up into mini sandwiches for appetizers!
What I love about roasted vegetables is that it’s plug and play. I am using mushrooms, green peppers, jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, potatoes and green beans in this recipe because they’re my favorite and they’re in season veggies from the garden but you do you. Want to add onions, broccoli or squash? Go for it. Ready to get your hoagie on?
Now chop and dice them up! It’s really important to dice your potatoes up into 1/2 inch pieces as they will cook quicker and evenly with the other vegetables. If you cut them up larger then they are going to take longer to cook and your other vegetables will be overly cooked.
Enjoy this Roasted Vegetable Sandwich friends!
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 green peppers sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers diced (remove the seeds)
- 2 large tomatoes cut up
- 2 potatoes cut up into 1/2 inch cubes (this is important because you want them to cook quickly)
- 1 cup green beans cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 4 slices of cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix oregano, thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt + pepper and olive oil.
- Put vegetables on a a large roasting pan or cookie sheet that's been sprayed with nonstick spray. I used 2 cookie sheets because there was lots of vegetables.
- Pour olive oil mixture onto the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Roast for 30 minutes, stirring half way.
- Once out of the oven put vegetables on hoagie rolls and then add a slice of cheese on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
- For tailgating, wrap a paper towel around the hoagie for quick clean up!
- Serving: 4-6 hoagies