SLOW COOKER Creamy Onion Dip is so creamy and easy to make. Caramelized onions are mixed with sour cream and mozzarella cheese to make a extra creamy homemade dip! This simple recipe is best served hot with potato chips – perfect for a party dip!
We grew many onions this year. Do you remember when we planted them all? Well it’s time to pick them now! We have 4 big creates that are full of onions. We let them dry in the sun for a few days and then ran up to the roof when we heard thunder and thankfully got them inside before it started to rain. Close one! Now they’re living inside and we’re storing them in pantyhose (great tip) and baskets.
So you’re probably wondering what do we do with all those onions. Besides caramelized onions, we love this Creamy Onion Dip! It’s such a easy recipe to use up a bunch of onions, perfect for parties or just when you’re craving some chips and dip.
After throwing everything in the food processor and adding some cheese to make it creamy you’re left with a dip that you’ll want to immediately dive into with a chip! Matthew dove right in and was in onion dip heaven!
Just look at that ooey gooey cheese running off the bowl!
For more onion recipes, click here!
- 4 onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz sour cream
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Add onions, butter and olive oil in slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Take onion mixture out of slow cooker and put in food processor along with sour cream, salt and pepper. Pulse a few times until creamy.
- Add onion dip back into slow cooker, add mozzarella cheese and mix.
- Cook for 30 minutes on low.
- Serve, dip and enjoy!