Join me in making this Maple Syrup Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwich, the perfect sandwich made in seconds, sponsored on behalf of Smithfield Anytime Favorites.
It’s almost September! Yipee! You see, I’m a Fall girl so I love everything about these next upcoming months. But with Fall, comes early mornings. Maybe it’s back to work (or maybe it’s regular go to work), getting your kids on the bus, making your loved one a on the go sandwich, or throwing together a quick dinner sandwich after basketball practice. This Maple Syrup Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwich is crazy good, will fill you up and the best part, it’s made in seconds. I’m serious. You can literally have this made in under 90 seconds. Time yourself, it will be fun! Plus you’ll get your daily exercise in. See, it’s a win win situation!
The sandwich is based on a popular fastfood sandwich, but homemade so you know what’s going into it and you can use the finest ingredients. It hits the spot of being savory (ham, egg, cheese) but with a touch of sweetness (maple syrup). You can serve it up for breakfast, pack it for lunch (just put the syrup on the ide) or make for dinner. I’m a fan of breakfast for dinner, so make these up and serve with some greens on the side and you’re set.
Let’s start with the ingredients. First, let me introduce you to my hero, Smithfield Anytime Favorites Hickory Smoked Quarter Boneless Sliced Ham. You guys this is delicous ham and it’s sliced. Like you don’t have to cut it, the work is done for you! I’m sorry but these small advancements in ham technology really amaze me. Smithfield Anytime Favorites come in lots of different cuts that I love to use in recipes – from sliced, diced, cubed and steaked and come in a few flavors. I love using the diced ham in potato soup in the Winter! Gosh I can’t wait for Winter too…
Once again, let’s cheer this ham for being sliced. Sorry, it will always excite me. I’m going to be making 4 sandwiches so I’ll use 4 slices of ham. If you’re going to make a solo sandwich just use one. By the way, these sandwiches freeze great if you want to make some to stock up for extra busy mornings. Just don’t put the syrup on them when freezing!
- 8 pieces sourdough bread
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices pre-cooked ham slices (I use Smithfield Anytime Favorites)
- 4 pieces of sliced cheese
- maple syrup
- Crack 1 egg into microwave safe mug. Microwave for 1 minute. Repeat for all 4 eggs.
- Put one piece of bread onto plate, add one slice of ham, egg and cheese slice on top. Microwave for 20 seconds.
- Add other piece of bread on top and press down to make a sandwich.
- Drizzle maple syrup on top.
- This makes 4 sandwiches. For one sandwich use 2 pieces of bread, 1 egg, 1 hamslice and 1 piece of cheese.
- These sandwiches can be wrapped up in aluminum foil and freezed (don't freeze with the maple syrup, pour that on after cooked).
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield Anytime Favorites.