Chocolate Lovers Banana Mug Cake that only takes 2 minutes in the microwave to make. You won’t believe how fudgy this cake is!
Mug cakes are great because they are fast and small serving (either single or double). This recipe makes 2 so I will share or I make it for breakfast one morning and have it for the next morning as well. If you’re saving the second cake, make sure to heat it up in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds before eating. It’s going to get all ooey gooey chocolaty in the middle and you’re going to fall in love. Believe me. On lazy mornings I will eat it directly out of the mug, bu sometimes I like to get all fancy and push it out of the mug onto a plate. This is also great because if you’re having guests over you can very quickly make up a few cakes and throw them on a plate. Pour some chocolate on top (I used white chocolate) and everyone will ooooh and ahhhh them while thinking you were baking all morning.
- 1 overripe banana
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Mash the banana in a large mug with a fork. Add the peanut butter and egg and mix thoroughly. Stir in the sugar and cocoa and beat until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips. Divide the better between two mugs. Microwave (on HIGH) separately for 1.5 to 2.5 minutes each until risen and firm.
- Eat out of bowl or gently pull out of mug to present on plate.
- You can add chopped nuts or dried fruit along with the chocolate chips if you'd like.
- For a wow factor, pop your cakes out of the mug and serve on a plate. Melt some chocolate and drizzle on top of the cakes.