Recipe for Matcha Green Tea Vanilla donuts. Recipe makes 10 donuts. These are perfect for a tea party, birthday party or dessert!
Green tea is totally my favorite cup of the moment. I go in between green jasmine and jasmine pearl because it’s so hard to pick a favorite. My tea preference changes on the weather, so with Spring visibly right around the corner (hopefully) my morning cup has changed from dark to a light green tea. In the Spring I crave freshness, seeing the markets slowly have more fruits gets me excited. I’ve been buying raspberries and watermelon to get ready for our own garden season (coming soon).
I used the matcha green tea powder to make a super smooth frosting that is perfect for spreading on a donut or a cupcake. For these, I threw the frosting in a piping bag and put on top of vanilla with a touch of peanut butter donuts. These were a big ol hit and gone within minutes.
The frosting not only looks pretty but it tastes amazing too. Wish just 2 teaspoons of green tea matcha powder, it transforms the frosting to give it that green tea taste. Even if you aren’t serving these to tea lovers, I can be pretty sure they’ll be none left at your party! I also love how pastel this frosting turned out, doesn’t it scream Spring?
The donuts are moist and “cakey”. They are half cake, half donuts, 100% delicious. I love filling my donut pan up pretty full to just have the tops flat instead of the visible hole. So if you’re ready to start Spring on the sweet side, throw on your prettiest dress and make these Vanilla PB Donuts with Matcha Green Tea Frosting!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup powdered confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease your donut plan.
- In a large bowl mix your flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and nutmeg together. Beat in butter, milk, eggs, vanilla and peanut butter
- Fill each donut cup 3/4 full. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing them from pan.
- Beat together butter and sugar. Add milk and green tea powder.
- Frosting only needs to be mixed for a few seconds.
- Frost donuts with knife or piping bag.
- Makes 8-10 donuts.