This extra cheesy casserole is made with mozzarella cheese and fresh cauliflower. Serve it as a main dish or a side.
Hello friends. I have one heck of a cheesy casserole for you today! So grab a plate and fork and dig in!
You might have already noticed I’m a bit obsessed with cauliflower casseroles. There’s my Cauliflower Pepperoni Pizza Casserole and my Cheddar Cheesy Cauliflower that are both still dinner time favorites. Then there’s this extra Cheesy Mozzarella Cauliflower Casserole. You agree that everything should be extra cheesy, right? I mean with a dish full of cauliflower it’s basically minus calories. So we need to put cheese on this.. we need calories… our bodies need this cheese to function. You agree with this too, right? Ok, great!
Now here’s the Cheesy Mozzarella Cauliflower Casserole! Enjoy!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 8 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Steam your cauliflower for 3 minutes, drain.
- Put cauliflower into casserole baking dish.
- In a bowl stir together the mozzarella cheese (except save 2 tablespoons for the topping!), 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, half and half, dried oregano, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour everything in your bowl over cauliflower and toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese and bread crumbs on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is slightly browned.