JELLY FILLED donut muffin holes are AMAZING! These baked donut holes are easy to make and are rolled around in delicious cinnamon sugar! These homemade treats taste just like Dunkin’ Donuts Munchkins but are much healthier!
So there’s no judging here, right? So when I tell you we made these Easy Jelly Donut Holes late at night one evening and the next morning they were gone already, you won’t judge me, right? Ok good. Because this totally happened and I have no regrets.
I have been craving donuts. Bad. I think I say at least once a day “I want a donut” and I really do want one. I love chocolate donuts, peanut butter donuts, tea donuts, carrot cake donuts and more but I have a very soft spot for Donut Holes, especially when they are cinnamon sugar covered. Oh and also when they are filled with homemade jelly that just smells like strawberries and Summertime. These donuts you guys, they’re made of happiness and magic.
When I originally made these I thought they were going to last so that I could share with friends the following day, but they are so irresistible that they were gone rather quickly before sharing with friends. So this week I’ll be making 2 more batches.. one for friends and one for us again. They’re that good!
I hope you give these a shot. They would perfect for breakfast, a great treat to bring into work to share with coworkers, or a dessert. Honestly, they’d be perfect all the time.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup of your favorite jelly or jam (I used strawberry)
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix sugar, butter and nutmeg in a bowl until combined. Stir in milk, baking powder and flour until all combined.
- Spray your mini muffin pan with a nonstick spray. Fill your mini muffin spots up half way full.
- Bake in oven until tops are slightly brown, 15 to 17 minutes.
- When donut holes come out of the oven, let them cool until you can touch them.
- Fill a piping bag with tip with jelly and fill each donut hole.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in shallow bowl.
- Brush butter all over each donut.
- Roll donut around in sugar mixture until completely covered.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Makes 16 donut holes.