Creamy Vegetable Ziti Pasta is a tasty comfort meal recipe that includes lettuce and radishes!
Get ready for a creamy pasta meal full of vegetables! It’s the perfect combination!
As you saw earlier this week we picked a bunch of lettuce so I’ve been going dinner recipe crazy with coming up with ways on how to use it. Most people think salads when they have lettuce but we’re not big salad people so I always want to think of ways on how to use it for dinner. I love using lettuce as a main ingredient in adding crunch and healthy vegetables to a dinner dish. We love creamy pasta for dinner but often vegetables go unlooked when adding to it, especially lettuce. For this recipe here we added a big pile of lettuce and radishes to the dish which complimented the creamy pasta perfectly!
After dinner we both proclaimed this to be one of our new favorite dinner dishes… so bring on the lettuce in this creamy dish!
I hope you guys give this a taste for dinner soon! I think you’ll love it!
- 12 oz of ziti or penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup lettuce - chopped
- 1/4 cup radishes - chopped
- Cook pasta as instructed on box. Drain and set aside in pot.
- Melt butter and garlic in a medium saucepan.
- Add flour and cook 1 more minute, stirring.
- Add chicken broth and milk, continuing to stir until sauce thickens.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Stir so combined.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta. Add lettuce and radishes.
- Stir so everything is mixed and serve hot.