Delicious Tomato Macaroni and Cheese casserole recipe, ready in less than 1 hour.
If you add tomatoes to macaroni and cheese, that makes it a healthy dish, right? I’m glad you agree with me!
For this recipe we are mixing 2 cups of fresh chopped tomatoes with some cheesy macaroni noodles. If you don’t have fresh, don’t worry I got you covered too. Instead substitute it with 1 can of diced tomatoes. I have a entire macaroni and cheese recipe section now and check out how many of them have vegetables in… I really love getting veggies cheesy! So next time you’re craving some homemade mac and cheese add some tomatoes! Enjoy!
- 2 cups macaroni noodles
- 8 oz cheese (either cheddar or mozzarella)
- 2 cups fresh diced tomatoes (or 1 can diced tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- In a large pot boil macaroni noodles per directions on box. Drain and put half in a greased casserole dish.
- Take half of cheese and add on top of macaroni.
- Put remaining half of macaroni noodles on top, then top again with remaining cheese.
- Stir together diced tomatoes, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, thyme and pepper in bowl. Pour over macaroni mixture.
- Spread bread crumbs on top of dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.