There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t wish I had a donut. Are you that way too?
I have a bit of a sweet tooth that I’ve always battled, basically my eyes tell me to eat all sugar treats in front of me. Most recently I broke open a bag of Halloween Oreos that I have been saving. Do you want to know what is the most depressing thing about these delicious cookies? They’re 100 calories, a cookie. My heart breaks just thinking about that. These cookies are so good I’d like to eat 6, not 1. And then there’s my middle of the night chocolate kisses I have been eating. I found a bag of kisses in the back of my cabinet and suddenly I feel like I need to eat multiple ones when I wake up during the night. Do you hear someone opening a plastic bag at 4AM in the morning? Don’t worry, it’s just me, standing in the dark, eating kisses, while cats circle me because they think it’s time to play. Then with chocolate melting in my mouth, I make my way back to bed. Horrible, aren’t I? Do you have a sweet right now that you are misbehaving with?
What else do I love? These peanut butter donuts with vanilla frosting. I had it in my head I wanted to start baking more with peanut butter so these sweets were made. I’m so happy I made this choice, the peanut butter is a great addition and it sure makes a filling donut. These would be pretty perfect for breakfast too. Start out your day with a donut, talk about a reason to wake up in the morning!
Hurry before they’re all gone!
- 1/3 cup chocolate peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- very small pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a donut pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix peanut butter and sugar until fluffy. Add milk, oil, egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Then pour this dry mixture into your wet mixture. Mix until combined.
- Pour into your donut pan bake 9-10 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Add all ingredients together in small bowl and mix until creamy.
- One at a time, dip your donuts into the vanilla glaze. If you using sprinkles, then dip into bowl of sprinkles.
- Makes 6 donuts.