Stop your perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe searching. The answer is here. Take my hand, I’m taking you to the Chocolate Chip Cookie mothership.
A few years ago there were quite a buzz on a popular recipe that the New York Times featured, it was a close adaptation to Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip cookies. If you’ever ever had a Jacques Torres cookie then you can agree they are some darn good cookies. Turn the clock ahead almost 6 years later and I finally got around to make this cherished recipe that had people raving and gawking. So I got all the ingredients ready and realized 2 things 1) I did not have the type of chocolate Mr. Torres recommended and I was not spending $12 on it, 2) Refrigerate the dough for 36 hours. Wait, what? This girl wants cookies now. 36 hours of waiting? Are you crazy? In 36 hours the world could be over and here I will be, laying on the zombie apocalypse covered sidewalk crying out “But… my… cookies…are…. still…in the…refrigerator”. No way. No way. I let them chill for 30 minutes, that’s all the willpower I have.
So taking the original recipe and tweaking it with my own chocolate, changing the servings, amount of ingredients and size of cookies as well as the process for chilling, I have to declare these cookies The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies ever. I’m totally being serious. Not only are they quite possibly the prettiest cookies I ever baked, but they are just so perfect tasting. They are everything a chocolate chip cookie should be, sweet, but salty on top. Every single person I have fed these cookies to are amazed they aren’t bakery bought and then immediately eat 5 more cookies than they told themselves they would eat. They’re magic.
Come to Mama you beautiful chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 cup minus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick + 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- Sea salt to sprinkle
- Mix flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer cream butter and sugars together until light. Add egg and mix together. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients in and continue to mix until all is combined.
- Add chocolate chips into batter and stir with spoon to equally distribute.
- Put dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop tablespoons of dough on ungreased cookie sheet. I can usually fit 12 cookies per sheet. Arrange chocolate chips to "poke up" on the cookies at this time to make for a more pretty cookie.
- Sprinkle each cookie lightly with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Eat warm, enjoy!
- Makes 24 cookies.