I am loving this soup. I am loving this weather. I am loving this soup in this weather.
Reasons why I love this White Bean and Kale Pesto Soup:
It has white white beans which I love.
It has kale pesto which I love, but you can use any type of pesto.
It uses roasted peppers which I’m officially in love with and can’t stop thinking about.
It’s perfect on a chilly night.
It will make you happy!
I was a bit worried how this soup would turn out, it was a new soup adventure but I was so happy with the results. There were leftovers I kept warm for Matthew to eat after he came home later and he kept exclaiming how great this soup was as usually if there is no meat involved it’s not always a favorite, but this was a homerun out of the soup ballpark.
- 2 Tablespoons Kale Pesto (Or any type of pesto you prefer).
- 2.5 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 15oz cans of Great Northern Beans
- 3/4 cup of Roasted Peppers
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan (grated)
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 and wash 3-4 medium size bell peppers (any color you want). Leave the stems on. Place the peppers on a aluminum foil covered cookie sheet. Place the sheet in the oven. Every 20 minutes turn the peppers using the stems you left on until 1 hour is up. At this time you should see that all your pepper skins have wrinkled and turned blackish. Take peppers out and cool them for 20 minutes so you can touch them. Once cool peel the peppers so the skin comes off easily. Make sure all seeds are removed from the peppers and disregard them. You should have now have slippery beautiful peppers. Cut them up into small pieces to have 3/4 cup for this recipe.
- Pour your chicken stock into a pot at medium-high heat.
- Add beans and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and add your pesto, roasted peppers and pinch of black pepper. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir soup.
- Serve in bowls. Enjoy!
- You can substitute Vegetable Broth for Chicken Broth instead.
Hi, my name is Pamela and I am in love with Roasted Peppers. Oh goodness I just love them! Don’t they just smell amazing?
Here’s the main ingredients which you probably already have in your pantry. Here’s my kale pesto recipe if you’d like to use it, or use another pesto if you’d like!
This soup is done so quick. If you have the roasted peppers done ahead of time, even better! I’m going to freeze a bunch up so I can make this all winter long for quick dinners!
This is totally going to be my Fall soup, I’m already planning on making it again soon!