Who doesn’t like tacos?
*Looks around virtual room*
Good, I am glad we all love them!
I could probably have tacos every single day. There’s so many varieties, so many things I can put on them, so many side dishes that go perfectly (like cilantro lime rice!). Oh tacos, how are you so great? One of my favorite recipes is Crockpot Chicken Chipotle Tacos so I was interested in trying other Crockpot taco recipes because let’s be honest, I’m in love with my crockpot (or slow cooker if you must call it that too). Slow Cooked Pepper Steak Tacos were born! I was especially happy with these tacos because I got to use garden grown green peppers, onions (are you proud of me?), stewed tomatoes that I made from our tomatoes and then our garden harvest salsa on top! These tacos were so fresh!
We were both in love with these tacos when we had them for dinner and since it’s 2 pounds of beef, it’s enough for leftovers – so 2 taco nights in a row? Yes please!
- 2 pounds beef sirloin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 green peppers - chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 14 oz of stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut your beef sirloin into about 2 inch strips.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add your vegetable oil then beef strips. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon garlic powder on top. Brown sirloin strips, then transfer to crockpot.
- Mix your beef bouillon cube with the hot water so it dissolves. Then add cornstarch and stir until it's dissolved. Pour this wet mixture into the crockpot.
- Add in all the rest of your ingredients.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
- Serve on flour tortillas or hard shells, garnish with salsa, avocado or whatever else you'd like!
This pepper steak is so great smelling! Just thinking about the smell makes my belly grown with hunger and love.
Throw some pepper steak on a tortilla, then add some salsa on top if you’d like. I added my Garden Harvest Salsa!
What’s your favorite toppings for tacos?