Delicious and Extra Fudgy 4 Ingredient Pumpkin Pie Brownies. All you need is brownie mix, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and chocolate chips!
Did you know I love pumpkins? Read this post in case you didn’t know.
The first thing I had to make with our fresh pumpkin harvest from the garden was pumpkin pie brownies. I had such a great success with my avocado peanut butter chocolate brownies that pumpkin brownies were next on the list!
This recipe is so easy because it only involves 4 ingredients: brownie mix, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and chocolate chips. If you notice there’s no butter, eggs or vegetable oil in these brownies. The pumpkin puree takes care of all of that! The pumpkin adds moisture to your brownies so there’s no need to add those other fattening ingredients. Pumpkin puree is healthy too! 1 cup of pure pumpkin is 49 calories! Pumpkin is rich in dietary fiber, anti-oxidants, minerals, vitamins (vitamin-A, vitamin-C and vitamin-E). Did I mention it’s delicious too? Because it really is!
These brownies are super fudgy. Warning: If you love pumpkin pie and chocolate, once you eat one of these brownies you will enter a magical world. I also find that people who aren’t huge pumpkin fans also love these brownies due to how moist and chocolatey they are. They really are a hit all around for the brownie crowd.
I love you pumpkins, I love you!
- Family Size Brownie Mix (I used Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix)
- 2 cups of fresh pumpkin puree (if not fresh, 15 oz can will work)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 8x8 pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix your Brownie Mix, Chocolate Chips and 1 1/2 cup of your pumpkin puree together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the 1/2 cup of your remaining pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice together.
- Spread 3/4 of your brownie mix mixture into your pan.
- Spread your pumpkin puree mixture on top.
- Spread your remaining brownie mix on the very top.
- Then with a knife gently swirl around the top layer of the brownie so it gets mixed up with the pumpkin puree.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Tip: If you want your brownies more firm, store in the refrigerator.
Here are your ingredients. Simple, right?
It will look something like this. I demand (nicely) you take a spoon right away!
Then mix your remaining 1/2 cup pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice together.
Now let’s begin layering these brownies..
First 3/4 of your brownie mix goes into your pan.
Then your pumpkin mixture goes on top.
Then your remaining brownie mixture on the very top. Swirl with a knife so it blends nicely with the pumpkin below it.
Throw it in the oven…
In the mean time, clean your bowl. With a spoon and your tongue. Have no shame!
When the time is up, your pumpkin brownies will emerge from the oven with a delicious smell.. Leave cool to set.
Cut up into pieces, I usually do 9 brownies per 8×8 tray.
The edges remain firm to keep the brownies in tact.
Enjoy! These won’t last for long…