The best FRESHEST Pumpkin Pie you can make! This homemade Garden Fresh Pumpkin Pie recipe uses fresh pumpkin puree made from scratch from your garden pumpkins. This homemade pie recipe is easy to make with condensed milk, a pie crust and plenty of Fall spices. Make sure to add whipped cream to the top of the pie for decoration! This is always the most requested dessert for Thanksgiving!
I love pumpkin pie. I just don’t love it, I LOVE it. Thanksgiving to me means pumpkin pie. It’s really the only time of the year I make a full pie and eat the entire thing. Ok, I lied about that part, I do it more than once a year. So with us picking so many pumpkins from our garden, I decided to make my favorite pumpkin pie from scratch. From seed to pollinating to picking to baking – this is completely made out of love.
The pie is so tasty due to the freshness of the pumpkin! This is one of those recipes where it’s so near perfect I probably won’t ever try another pumpkin pie recipe again!
If you can use fresh pumpkin please do, it really elevates the taste of a homemade pumpkin pie! If you’ve never made fresh pumpkin puree before, here’s a DIY post I made. It’s easy – I promise! Even better, it freezes great so you can continue to use it for baked goods throughout the next few months. If you can’t make your own pumpkin puree, that’s totally ok, grab some at a farmers market or use canned pumpkin.
Either way – enjoy!
- 15 oz fresh pumpkin puree
- 14 oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a bowl.
- Pour into crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking 35 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Decorate the top of the pie with whipped cream.